Saturday, October 29, 2011

Present It

Present It is a new iPhone and iPad app that lets you present PowerPoint presentations Right from your device with transition support. While the native transitions are not supported, you can quickly choose from a list of transitions in the app. After a one time rendering, the files open with ease. AirPlay video out is supported for the iPad 2 and the iPhone 4S. The iPhone 4 and the iPod touch 4th generation support video out with the HDMI or VGA adapters. I'll use this blog as a way to let users know what features will come next and also a place for feedback. Feel free to let me know if you have any problems with the app. A free and a paid version will go live on the app store hopefully in the next couple weeks.

14 comments:

  1. Just purchased Present-It for iPad 2. I use Presence to access ppts from my iMac or NAS. Your app is not currently in the "open in" list after download. Can you add that capability please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - after an iPad 2 restart Present-It appeared in the open in list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    Great product but how do you end a show without having to flick through every slide?

    Thanks Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve,
      Thanks for downloading. Pinch in (think of zooming out on a photo). Hope this helps

      Connor

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Kristi,
      You can add presentations using the "open in..." feature for mail attatchments, or you can add files by selecting your device in iTunes, going to the apps tab, selecting Present It, and clicking add files. .ppt and .pptx files will show in the app.

      Thanks,
      Connor

      Delete
  5. How do I use the Airplay functionality with a power point without using the mirroring feature? I can't seem to find how to do it in the application.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Installed fine and "open in" allowed me to open my .pptx but there are no transitions, very disappointing :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can choose a transition from the action button at the bottom of the screen, however any previous transitions or animations are not supported.

      Delete
  7. I followed your tips on how to add a video and it does not work.. I dont see how to add it? when you right click on the app it does not come up with an option to add file :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just purchased and does not work or load at all

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there any support for this paid app? Does not work

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, my name is Dave. I do praise and worship music at a small church.

    I want to mirror my ipad on a projection TV. I have the ipad and apple tv but it's not using the entire projection screen. It only uses about 40% of the screen.

    I also want to use portrait mode as landscape is to wide and won't display the entire song well.

    Will this program enable me to use the entire screen when mirroring from an ipad to a projection screen?

    Thanks,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete